Here are some steps you can take. (Also refer to “My locate signal is not good, what can I do?” elsewhere in this FAQ Section.)
1) Make direct contact with the target utility (unless locating cables which may be energized,
- DO NOT TOUCH ANY ENERGIZED CONDUCTOR
2) Make sure that the points of connection are clean.
3) Extend your leads completely AND at 90 degrees with respect to the target line.
4) Increase the output of your transmitter and verify its audible indication or mA readout.
5) Use a lower frequency if available.